Friday 13 January 2017

Review - This is Funky by James Reeno (Spazzoid Records NYC)

I wanted to do a quick review on this track.

James posted the link on my Facebook timeline and so i gave it a listen and I gotta say, it's been a while since i listened to a track that took me back the 80's electro sound that got me into the Hip Hop scene.
In 1984, I was 14 and my big bro gave me a tape of some electro and Run DMC to listen to. From that moment i was hooked.

I have dabbled in some of the recent electro tracks and quite enjoyed them but, for some reason this track brought back those early days of listen to electro like Jam on It, Pacjam, Primrose Path and so on. A perfect way to take you back in the day.

So, if you still remember those days i would say check out this track and also James's other music, I don't think you'll be disapointed.

Thank you for sharing the track James.

Make it Funky Y'all.

http://reeno.bandcamp.com/track/this-is-funky

1 comment: